Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
Who doesn't love funfetti cupcakes? The answer is: nobody. Because everyone adores funfetti. These colorful treats remind us of childhood birthday parties, summer afternoons, and younger days when happiness was directly proportional to the number of sprinkles on your cake.
These cupcakes are fluffy, rainbow-y and delicious! This recipe will take you right back to the good old days...
From Tastes Better From Scratch (tastesbetterfromscratch.com)
For the Cupcakes:
3/4 cup cake flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Rainbow sprinkles for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Slice the butter into pieces and add to the flour mixture. Mix on low until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
3. With the mixer on, add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until batter is smooth. Fold in the sprinkles with a rubber spatula.
4. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
5. In a mixing bowl cream the butter for 5 minutes or until light and flurry, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
6. Frost the cooled cupcakes and add sprinkles to decorate. Enjoy!!
Makes about 12-18 cupcakes.
|Obviously everyone at work hated them...|