Tuesday Tidbits

A few updates on my now-29-year-old life...

1.  I celebrated my birthday yesterday with all my best friends in Santa Fe.  I feel very lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people in the final year of my 20s!



2.  My sister and dad both know me so well and got me the EXACT SAME birthday gift... my favorite running socks!  My feet are so happy...



3.  Sticking with my plan to save money, I did a home pedicure this weekend with nail stickers from my friend!  I think they look as good as a professional pedi!



4.  Sign up for the Dunkin Donuts email list and you get a free medium beverage during your birthday month!  This was such a perfect treat after my birthday trail run yesterday morning.

5.  This is old news by now, but I am so devastated by the death of Robin Williams.  He was an incredible actor who touched the hearts of everyone in the world.  He made us all laugh and cry, and the world will never be the same without this amazing man.  My personal favorite movie of his was Hook, but Mrs. Doubtfire and Aladdin are definitely up there too.



6.  This weekend Jaycob and I are headed to Denver to compete in the "My Way or the Tri Way" sprint triathlon.  I'm looking forward to this race because the participants have the opportunity to choose their order of events.  I decided to do Run-Bike-Swim with the hope of having a more successful swim if it's not my first event.



7.  Tonight is our third and final class with Homewise, and the next step is to meet with our Home Purchase Advisor!  We are getting closer to being home owners!

8.  I attended a presentation this weekend for the Ekso Bionics exoskeleton, a robotic suit that can be used as a rehabilitation tool to allow patients with spinal cord injuries (or strokes, or other impairments) to walk again.  I really hope we can bring this tool to our rehab center in Santa Fe!  See the Exoskeleton Here

9.  Did anyone else hear about sticking one foot out from under the covers to regulate body temperature during the night?  I heard this on the radio yesterday.  Supposedly having one foot under the covers and one foot out allows your body to control your temperature and helps you sleep better.  The feet have a large surface area with specialized blood flow, and they also don't have as much muscle mass as the rest of the body, so the body can regulate temperature pretty effectively through the feet.  I'll have to try this! 

10.  Summer seems to be quickly slipping by and I've noticed the days starting to get shorter and the evenings chillier, not to mention "Back to School" sales and Football season are upon us!  I love fall and look forward to the leaves changing.

That's all for now!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma