Summer Reading Update



The year is half over and I'm making progress on my reading challenge!  My book club has introduced a variety of books this year that I wouldn't normally choose, so I've enjoyed exploring new genres and authors.  Audio books have been my lifesaver while running and traveling, and I love renting ebooks and audio books through the public library using the Overdrive app.  I'm making my list of Beach Reads for my vacation next month, and I'm also diving into a handful of pregnancy and parenting books as we get ready to welcome Baby Ross!

Here are some of my favorite books of 2016 so far...

A Little Life, by Hanya Yanagihara
The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood
Circling the Sun, by Paula McLain
Fates and Furies, by Lauren Groff
As Close As Sisters, by Colleen Faulkner
Little Bee, by Chris Cleave
Where They Found Her, by Kimberly McCreight
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, by Atul Gawande
A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir, by Jenny Lawson
The Boston Girl, by Anita Diamant
Luckiest Girl Alive, by Jessica Knoll
Yes Please, by Amy Poehler
We Are All Welcome Here, by Elizabeth Berg
Where'd You Go, Bernadette?, by Maria Semple
The Sound of Glass, by Karen White
Just Kids, by Patti Smith
Still Alice, by Lisa Genova
Kitchens of the Great Midwest, by J. Ryan Stradal
Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth, by Jennifer McCarthy


Beach Books for This Summer:
The Hurricane Sisters, by Dorothy Benton Frank
Lucky Us, by Amy Bloom
The Good Girl, by Mary Rubica
Windfallen, by Jojo Moyes
A House for Happy Mothers, by Amulya Malladi
Deliver Her, by Patricia Perry Donovan
A Tale for the Time Being, by Ruth Ozeki
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Devil's Butcher Shop: The New Mexico Prison Uprising, by Roger Morris
My Life on the Road, by Gloria Steinem


Happy summer!  Happy reading!  :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma