Tuesday Tidbits


A few tidbits about my life lately…

Cycling:  I am 3 weeks into a 9-week spinning class in preparation for the Santa Fe Century.  The class is so much fun!  I never thought I could spend two hours straight on a stationary bike without getting bored.  Our instructor is excellent and I love how I feel every week after class.


Rock Climbing:  My friend Katie and I recently signed up for Rock Climbing 101 at the Santa Fe climbing gym.  We have both climbed before, but it’s been a few years and we need a refresher in technique and belaying.  The class is really fun so far and a great way to work the core and develop muscular endurance.  We pretty much kick butt.  This is what we hope to look like in 4 weeks:



Restaurant Week:  The last week of February was Restaurant Week in Santa Fe, one of my favorite times of the year.  Santa Fe has absolutely incredible food, especially for a not-very-big city.  Last year we discovered Restaurant Martin and Coyote Café.  This year we took some visitors to Maria’s New Mexican kitchen and had an elegant night out at Geronimo.  My credit card hasn’t forgiven me yet but the food was delicious!
Books: Between wedding planning, working over time, and exercising, I haven’t found much time to read lately (which is very unlike me!).  I went over 2 months without reading at all, but I just recently started The Art of Hearing Heartbeats.  It’s a very beautiful story about how a blind boy and a physically disabled girl discover their world together.  I can’t wait to find out how it ends and tackle the rest of my stack of books!

Not my actual stack of books to read, but it certainly feels like it sometimes.

Snow:  Spring is such a teaser.  Last Thursday it was 61 degrees and I went running in shorts and a t-shirt.  Saturday we got 15 inches of snow.  However, it was a beautiful day for strapping on the snowshoes.  I love living here!

Kua "Snow Beard McGee" enjoys a late winter hike on the Aspen Vista Trail

Girls Night:  I love my Santa Fe friends!  I’ve said it before, but I feel so much more at home here now that we have a solid group of people to spend time with.  This Friday I’m having a wine and cheese party with my besties while Jaycob is out of town for the Big Ten Tournament.  



That’s all for now!  Stay tuned for more Wedding Wisdom and New Mexican cooking later this month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma