St. Patrick's Day

Sorry for the delay... it's been a busy week since St. Patrick's Day!  Jaycob and I just returned from a ski weekend in Aspen.  It was a blast.  But back to last weekend...

What's not to love about wearing green, drinking beer, and celebrating being Irish (regardless of one's true heritage)?  However, to my family March 17th is first and foremost my brother's birthday.  This year I baked him these delicious and festive cookies:



I had to sample a few before sending them to Madison...

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies:  I used the recipe on the bag of Toll House chocolate chips, with the addition of chocolate chunks, mint extract and green food coloring.  Yum!

For St. Patick's Day I also baked this delicious Guinness Chocolate Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Frosting from my favorite blog (Brown Eyed Baker).

Recipe:  Chocolate Stout Cake with Baileys Frosting



This recipe was as good as the Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes I made last year (from the same blog)! 

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma