New Year's Resolutions


Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850


Another year over, and a new one just begun…  2012 was an exciting year for me and Jaycob!  It was our first full year in Santa Fe, and we’re enjoying our new home here more and more now that we have a great group of friends, many favorite restaurants and hang-out spots, and greater familiarity with the hiking trails.  We celebrated several friends’ weddings this year, and welcomed a few new babies into the world (with more to come in 2013!).  We enjoyed vacations and visits to New Orleans, Denver, Minneapolis, Aspen, Chicago, Bloomington, Boca Raton, Virginia Beach and Miami, and we were excited to have some of our friends and family members come visit us in the southwest.  We went to Balloon Fiesta (twice), took a ride in a hot air balloon, rode horses, explored Spanish market, stayed at Loretto Inn and Spa… and got engaged!  It was a busy and fun year and I look forward to 2013 being even more amazing.

I slacked on most of my New Years Resolutions in 2012, but I did achieve my goals of cooking/baking at least one new recipe every week (I made 66!) and keeping up with my blog.  Here are some of the things I hope to accomplish in 2013…

Fitness Goals:
o   To focus more on core strengthening to prevent injury, and do a minimum of 25 minutes of ab work per week
o   To hike Spirit Lake, Wheeler Peak, and Lake Katherine trails
o   Practice yoga at least once a week
o   Start running consistently again

Relationship Goals:
o   For Jaycob and I to grow stronger in our relationship as we plan our wedding and complete our marriage preparation classes
o   To speak positively about others
o   To maintain regular communication with the people who are important to me

Financial Goals:
o   Save $5,000
o   Pay off credit cards

Community Goals:
o   To volunteer at 1-2 nonprofit organizations
o   To become actively involved in my new church parish in Santa Fe

Personal Goals:
o   To not feel obligated to say yes to everything that others ask me to do
o   To set aside more time for myself and avoid becoming overcommitted
o   To stay CALM and SANE during wedding planning





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma