Tuesday Tidbits

Summer is almost here!  We will be setting sail on our Alaskan cruise on the day of the summer solstice, following a week of exploring Anchorage and Denali.  After months of planning I can't believe our trip is finally here!  

Here are a few other things keeping us busy this month:

1.  For the second year in a row, the hubby and I participated in a team Olympic triathlon in Show Low, Arizona.  He swam and biked and I did the 10K run.  There's nothing quite like handing off a toddler along with the baton!  Ady is such a good sport.  The wind was the biggest challenge during the run, but we still placed first for co-ed relays!  The next day he competed in the Xterra off-road triathlon, where he placed second in his age group.

2.  My favorite summer tradition starts this week - Music on the Hill!  Every Wednesday, Santa Feans gather on the grass at St. John's College for an evening of outdoor music, picnic dinners, and wine.  Ady always has such a blast running around with the other kiddos and dancing to the music.

3.  Last week I made my favorite summer dessert: Hummingbird Cake!  It looks like carrot cake but it's actually banana with a hint of pineapple, pecans, and cinnamon.  Everyone loves it and it's the perfect combination of flavors for summertime.

4.  I'm really thrilled about three professional development accomplishments I've had this month!  I was selected as the Marketing and Social Media Chair of the steering committee for a conference in 2020 through the Academy of Acute Care Physical Therapy, which means that we'll be spending Ady's 4th birthday in Florida!  I also received a scholarship for an education leadership conference in Seattle this October, and a few days ago I found out that I was selected to speak at a national PT conference in Denver in February.  I love my profession and I feel inspired by ongoing opportunities to expand my network and my practice.

5.  Books I'm looking forward to reading this summer:
Daisy Jones & the Six, by Taylor Jenkins Reid
City of Girls, by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Nickel Boys, by Colson Whitehead
The Thorn Birds, by Colleen McCullough
The Crossing, by Cormac McCarthy
Florida, by Lauren Groff
No One Tells You This, by Glynnis MacNicol
The Tattooist of Auschwitz, by Heather Morris


Happy Summer!  Stay tuned for more about our Alaskan vacation when we return in a few weeks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma