Happy Birthday to Me


Cheers to 33!  Sometimes I forget how old I am because age is just a number and 30-something birthdays aren't very monumental.  Birthdays also become less meaningful when life revolves around a toddler, but I was still determined to spend my birthday weekend doing all of my favorite things.  I took Ady to gymnastics class, went out for wine with friends, had coffee and my favorite donut at the Farmer's Market, started a new book, went to a heated Vinyasa class, FaceTimed with family, opened a fancy bottle of champagne, and enjoyed family time at home.

I love the tradition of birthday yoga.  It's a time for setting intentions, for connecting my mind and body, and getting in tune with things that are affecting me.  My birthday Vinyasa class this year reminded me to do everything with purpose and intention, to not go through the motions or become habitual, to accept that where I am right now is where I'm supposed to be, to practice forgiveness for my own mistakes and those of others, and to balance movement with stillness.

Birthdays are also a great time for goal-setting, like a New Year's Resolution halfway-point.  As always, I want to read more, write more, and think more.  To be an improved version of myself.  Do something adventurous.  Cultivate patience and compassion.  

And don't forget to breathe. 


Birthday drinks at Herve wine bar

Showered in love

Birthday flowers


Hanging out with my girls

All dressed up and ready to party


Comments

  1. Same birthday as my husband. Hope you had a great day! I live in Show Low AZ at 6350 ft. Can’t wait to try this coffee cake! Will let you know how it turns out. Neighbors coming for coffee tomorrow morning so going to try it!! Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma