Easter Blossoms

Happy Easter!  We were blessed with a warm and sunny weekend in Santa Fe.  I took Ady and Kua to the park on my day off and went for a long, solo training run on Saturday morning.  We celebrated Easter with baskets of goodies and a family dinner at home.  I made Coconut Cake, one of my all-time favorite desserts (recipe below) and we opened a bottle of Gruet Blanc de Noirs after the toddler went to bed.

This past week I have been reminded that the highlight of my day is often the thing that is totally unexpected, and that the moments that stick with me are those moments of connection that force me to pause in the unfolding chaos of the day.  Braiding a patient's hair after she got out of bed for the first time in the intensive care unit.  Listening to my toddler babble and practice her new words in the back seat while we're stuck in traffic.  Meeting a new friend while out on my run, despite my tendency toward running alone.  Observing the budding blossoms on the trees in the neighborhood.  We often go through the same routines day after day, but our experiences can change if we are open to these sensory experiences.

Easter calls us as humans and as citizens of the Earth to celebrate life, to embrace hope for a better future, and to believe in (seemingly) impossible things.  We are called to believe, not only in a religious sense, but in scientific advancements, in technological innovations, and in the inherent goodness of humanity.  We can't control our circumstances, but we can control our thoughts and reactions.  

Life is full of miracles, if not in a religious sense then certainly in appreciation and awe of those moments that stand out as unexpected and memorable.



   
Ady was full of joyful smiles at the Easter Egg hunt last weekend with the Mommy Meetup Group, and so proud of the Easter craft we made at home!


 

 
Happy Easter from this little snuggle bunny.  (And yes, Kua got her own basket too.)




Coconut Cake
Recipe from the book The Coincidence of Coconut Cake, by Amy E. Reichert

Link to recipe here: Grandma Louella's Coconut Cake

 .                



Happy Easter!  Beauty is restored again.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma