Christmas Eve in Santa Fe

Baby Adyson's first Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Three creatures were stirring, and keeping out the mouse.
The stockings were hung and the tree was still intact;
If St. Nicholas comes hopefully the dog won't attack.

The cat was nestled snug in one of her many beds,
As visions of catnip danced in her small head.
With a dog on my legs and a baby in my lap,
I can say goodbye to any chance of a long winter's nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a noise,
But the lazy dog didn't even bark, as she was playing with her new toys.
I took a quick glance out the back window,
As I wandered to the kitchen to open another bottle of Pinot.

The adobe rooftops were lined with luminarias and farolitos,
While children, warm inside, enjoyed hot chocolate and biscochitos.
The smell of PiƱon from the fireplaces filled the winter air,
While bellies were full of enchiladas and New Mexican fare. 

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Awakened the coyotes in the arroyo.
They howled into the sky as something started to appear;
It was Santa and his sleigh and all those reindeer!

He visited every house, and the Pueblos too,
Over the montanas and across the desert the Christmas team flew.
Delivering candies, goodies, games and toys,
To all the chicas and chicos, girls and boys. 

Now sound asleep were the gato and perro,
As I tightly swaddled the bebe like a warm little burrito.
I whispered to my girls as I tucked them in for the night,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."




Our sweet littlest reindeer

Mom and her girls

Family Christmas

Santa's Little Helper

Sweet girl meeting Santa Claus

Ady and Kua

Ady and Laila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma