Welcoming Fall


Happy fall!  This is my absolute favorite season.  I'm ready to trade in my flip flops and sundresses for boots and sweaters, and I am so excited about Pumpkin Spice, fresh apples, and candy corn!  I scored some yummy-licious pumpkin cookies from a coffee shop when we were traveling in Moab and I can't wait to try this Apple Cinnamon Muffin recipe from my favorite blogger.

The hubby and I took a road trip to northern Utah last weekend for a little Babymoon (last trip before the baby!) and his final Xterra triathlon of the year.  We traveled through Durango, Ouray, Grand Junction, Ogden and Salt Lake City, followed by a night in Moab on our way back to New Mexico.  The fall colors in western Colorado were gorgeous!  We did some light hiking along the way and it was the perfect time of year to be outside.  


ba·by·moon
ˈbābēˌmo͞on/
noun
informal
  1. a relaxing or romantic vacation taken by parents-to-be before their baby is born.











We haven't seen a huge change in the leaves in Santa Fe yet, but I'm sure the bright yellow Aspen leaves will start to pop in the next few weeks.  I look forward to some October hiking and picture-taking before the baby arrives!

In the meantime I am busy with preparing the baby nursery, working on my yarn projects, and getting through my stack of books for the season.

Fall Reads:
The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Girl in the Spider's Web, by David Lagercrantz
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo
The Trespasser, by Tana French
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin
Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen
Deliver Her, by Patricia Perry Donovan
Harvesting the Heart, by Jodi Picoult

And finally, I'm just going to leave this here for your enjoyment... It's Decorative Gourd Season

Happy Fall!  Stay tuned later this week for a yummy fall recipe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma