October Updates


Hello loyal blog followers!  I've been out of touch this month because October has been an insanely busy time for the Ross family!  Here are a few updates about my life lately...

During the first weekend of October, the hubby and I traveled to Denver to watch the Vikings take on the Broncos!  We stopped in Buena Vista to do some mountain biking on our way to the Mile High City, and had a night out on the town with friends and family Saturday night before the big game!  We tailgated with a fun group of people Sunday morning before heading to the stadium.  It was so fun to attend an NFL game again and be amongst the entertainment, the noise, and the excitement of live sports, which I miss since moving to New Mexico.  The Vikes lost, unfortunately, but it was a good game and we had a blast.  For our 2nd anniversary (the "cotton" anniversary) we got each other jerseys!

Mile High Stadium

Go Vikes!

A few days later we headed to New York City, where we had a few jam-packed days of exploring the city, visiting museums, enjoying entertainment, and eating A LOT!  Highlights of the trip included seeing The Lion King on Broadway, touring the Guggenheim and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, jogging in Central Park, visiting the reflecting pools at Ground Zero, taking the ferry to Staten Island, viewing 360 degrees of the city from a revolving lounge, checking out live music in the Village, ordering a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery, and savoring Italian food and amazing wine at Becco after our Broadway show.  While I couldn't imagine dealing with millions of people and crowded subways on a daily basis, I absolutely love the energy of big city life and the culture that NYC has to offer.  

The Lion King on Broadway

Cupcakes!

The Guggenheim Museum

Ground Zero

View of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry

It was such an amazing few days, and the vacation continued as we traveled to New Jersey for my cousin's gorgeous fall wedding!  We had a wonderful weekend with family -- and a few new friends too! -- and the wedding was like a fairytale.  

Celebrating Sara and Max

Eat, Drink, and Be Married!  Cheers!


The following weekend I ran the Duke City 10K in Albuquerque, which was my first race in almost two months.  My running buddy ended up in the hospital the night before with appendicitis, so I ran the race in her honor.  It was a beautiful day for a race, with crisp morning air that was finally starting to feel like fall.  I felt strong throughout the race and was able to maintain a steady pace.  More importantly, I was pain-free!  I didn't train as much for this race as I had wanted to, but I had a good finish with a total time of 57:32, which put me in 13th place out of 57 finishers in my age group.  It felt good to get back into racing again after a long hiatus.

Duke City 10K.  57:32

On October 19th Jaycob and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary with dinner and margaritas at La Choza in Santa Fe.  Cheers to two amazing years with my incredible husband!  My wonderful and talented Aunt Mary sent us a handmade quilt, which we will treasure forever, and my clever Mother in Law sent a whole box of cute "cotton anniversary" gifts!

We had the opportunity to enjoy three awesome concerts this month -- HoneyHoney in Santa Fe, Xavier Rudd in Taos, and Mason Jennings this past week in Santa Fe.  All of these were well worth staying up late on work nights!

When I haven't been traveling, I've been busy at work.  This past weekend I took a course to become an Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor through my professional association, and I am currently supervising three wonderful and eager DPT students who teach me as much as I teach them.  I joined our hospital's Ethics Committee earlier this month and was able to participate in my first ethics consultation last week.  I'm excited about lots of projects and ongoing learning opportunities at my job!

This month is flying by, but stay tuned later this week for some festive fall recipes! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma