Mrs. Ross



I guess it's time to catch up on my blogging before all my followers send a search party!  Jaycob and I have been married for four weeks today.  And a wonderful four weeks it has been!  Every asks me, "How does it feel to be married?"  But it's a difficult question to answer.  It definitely feels different to be able to call each other husband and wife, and to have the awareness of this life-long commitment we have made, but the feeling is hard to describe.

In some ways, not much has changed on the day-to-day front.  I read a blog recently in which a newlywed stated, "It feels like we decided to throw a party last month and promised to keep loving each other, and then got right back to our lives."  To a certain extent, I see where this bride is coming from.  Jaycob and I already had a great relationship.  We already loved each other whole-heartedly.  We were dedicated to one another years ago.  We established a joint bank account and a (mostly) flawless method for paying the bills.  We have four-legged furry children together.  We've already been through the ups and downs of being long distance, moving across the country together, and becoming part of each other's families.  We've traveled together.  We already conquered the challenges of Marriage Preparation classes and all the difficult topics that accompany them.  And we LONG ago established the rules of the household...put the cap on the toothpaste, refill the water purifier, remove the dryer lint, if you snooze you lose on the brownies, and you don't have to get up if there's a cat on your lap (a borrowed rule from the Mraz household).

And yet, marriage IS different somehow.  It just feels different, in a good way.  I guess I feel that our relationship is more secure, more permanent, and more devoted.  There's a greater sense of wanting to take care of one another and lift each other up, because now this special thing we have together is forever.  And marriage is so wonderful.  We still have this giddy excitement over calling each other Husband and Wife and introducing each other as such.  And I guess I feel older, and very aware of the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

I thought I would have some sort of post-wedding depression now that the months of planning and dreaming and looking through Bridal magazines are over, but I have experienced nothing of the sort!  I guess I'm just excited that we now have something so much more important to look forward to -- our life together.  (Oh, and our upcoming honeymoon in Ecuador!)

Our wedding day was so perfect, so thank you to all our friends and family who were there to celebrate with us!  I can't wait to get our photographs and relive every moment of our day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma