Winter Fun

January sure flew by!  It was a busy month and I worked a lot of weekends (in fact I think I only had 5 days off all month), which didn’t leave a lot of time for enjoying the outdoors.  I did manage squeeze in a few familiar hikes, though – Picacho Peak, Borrego Bear Wallows, and the Windsor Trail, to name a few.








Last weekend I finally made it up to the Ski Basin for the first time this season!  After growing up skiing in the Midwest, I am still blown away but the beauty of the ski mountains here.  The snow wasn’t fabulous and there wasn’t really fresh powder by the time I got up there, but 90% of the trails were open and it was a beautiful day to be on the slopes.  






I always have some anxiety to put on my skis for the first time of the season.  What if I forget how to turn?  What if I fall?  What if I’m not in shape for this?  But as always, my muscles remembered what to do after a few practice runs, and we had a fun day.

I look forward to getting up to Aspen next month to try out some big girl slopes!  And stay tuned for more Wedding Wisdom in the near future…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma