Skis, Spas, & Snowshoes… Oh My!


Thanks to several inches of fresh, white powder in Santa Fe, combined with seemingly infinite sunshine, this was an idyllic weekend in a beautiful winter wonderland.  On Saturday we skied Taos for the first time.  The mountain was gorgeous and the runs were challenging and long.  I have never experienced such a massive mountain before and it took me a while to get my bearings and gain enough confidence to try a black diamond.  Compared to Santa Fe Ski Basin, which I am now fairly accustomed to, Taos seems to be home to a number of expert skiers.  I was somewhat overwhelmed, but nonetheless had an amazing experience.




After skiing, we stopped at the Ojo Caliente hot springs on our way back to Santa Fe.  Is there anything more perfect than soaking in 107 degree natural spring water after an exhausting day of skiing?  I was very impressed with the spa.  The facilities were upscale and the environment was relaxing and inviting.  Call me high maintenance, but Ojo Caliente was definitely more my style than another hot springs resort we recently visited in Colorado.  After soaking, we enjoyed a glass of wine in the on-site wine bar.




To wrap up my picturesque winter weekend, this morning I strapped on my snowshoes for the first time since moving to the southwest and ventured along the Big Tesuque trail.  There were several inches of fresh snow and the sky was bright blue…perfect morning for a hike!  It felt invigorating to get my heart rate up again and explore a new trail.  The trees were lovely and Kua was in heaven in the fluffy powder.





This weekend reminded me once again of how fortunate I am to live in a place that allows so many adventures in any season.  I look forward to seeing what the rest of the winter and early spring have to offer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Pacific Northwest Bachelorette Party

High Altitude Baking: Coffee Cake

My Bachelorette Party: San Francisco and Sonoma